Schools Recycle Right Challenge Competition
23 November 2017
This year Planet Ark are encouraging your students to improve and demonstrate their recycling knowledge by taking part in one of a range of different challenges/activities using resources from their website. Students from Early Learning, Primary and High School can choose an age appropriate activity and submit their entry for the competition.
Choose one of the following challenges/activities:
- Writing: Submit a writing task based on one of the 3 NEW Cool Australia Writing Lessons.
- Photo/video/poster design: Submit a photo/video/poster design that demonstrates a change of behaviour which led to reduced waste through re-use or recycling.
- Art display: Design a visual art display using upcycled material and submit photos and a short summary of how it was put together, why those materials were chosen and what they were trying to communicate.
- New recycling system: Set up a NEW recycling system, using the schools guide
- Waste free challenge: Using the Waste Free Lunch Guide or instructions to conducting a waste audit in the How To Set Up A Recycling System Guide (p6), measure how much waste can be reduced and challenge other classes to see who can produce the least amount of waste. Submit a short report (200 words max) and photos or a video.
To be eligible to enter this competition, schools or early learning centres must be registered as part of the Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge. Click here to register.