We provide a range of Excursions to support VCE and VCAL student learning.
Duration of activities: ~ 50 minutes
Available for: VCE & VCAL students
A range of hands-on activities and tours are designed to support learning in VCE Study Designs.
- VCE Environmental Science – Unit 2 – Monitoring the Environment
- VCE Environmental Science – Unit 3 – Energy Issues
- VCE LOTE Indonesian – Units 1-4
An overview of CERES’ innovative local solutions to energy and water sustainability, food production and distribution and community building. Participants see hands on education in action and encounter successful social enterprises that combine principles of equity and sustainability.
A general site tour with an opportunity to practise English language and sustainability related vocabulary.
- Focuses on water technology systems onsite including rainwater harvest and use, stormwater harvest, treatment and use, greywater recycling and waste water treatment, photovoltaic (PV) water pumping, solar hot water and hydronic heating systems.
- Focuses on renewable energy technologies at CERES including solar, wind, biogas, electric vehicle innovations and other new technologies.
Focuses on the principles of sustainable building design incorporated into buildings and structures on the site.
Focuses on how the principles of Ecotourism apply to CERES and includes a discussion of how those principles can be applied elsewhere.
Explores the philosophy, diversity and methodology of CERES Education programs.
Explores a range of topics to do with all things food.
Examine the CERES Organic Farm. Look at the various systems which create and support programs that reduce food miles and link diverse groups of people with education and employment opportunities.
Take a tour of CERES Organic Market. Gain an insight into food miles and why eating local, organic, seasonal produce has major environmental benefits. Learn about ethical food purchasing principles (Wednesdays and Saturdays only).
Tour the CERES Organic Farm and discover more about our food-based social enterprises; where to start, challenges, rewards and financial sustainability.