Last week the Channel 10 program The Project highlighted the impacts of plastic on the environment, calling on the state premiers of NSW, Victoria and Western Australia to ban plastic bags. A recent news article, ‘The harm you’re causing when you accept plastic’, is a great read about the impacts of plastic, and includes a link to an online petition to #BanTheBag in the three states.
One way schools can help reduce the use of plastics is to stop buying the heavy black plastic rubbish bags and replacing these with a Certified compostable or Biobased Biohybrid™ option. Cardia Bioplastics is a new partner with CERES Education to support the ResourceSmart Schools Waste module and provides a range of certified biodegradable and compostable bags, including bin liners.
Discount available to all schools and centres working with CERES!
Please contact Rivka Garson to place an order with wholesale rather than retail pricing. E: email@example.com
Cardia Certified Compostable and biodegradable bags and packaging are:
- Made from 100% GMO free renewable, plant based material
- Super strong & tough
- Made with less oil
- Can be composted in aerobic composting industrial composting plants
- Turned into compost, condition soil for improved plant growth
- superior puncture & tear resistance
- Certified to Australian Standards for compostability AS4736
Cardia biobased Biohybrid™ bags and packaging are:
- Made with less oil and heavy metal free
- Contain GMO free, renewable, plant based material
- Reduces global warming by sequestering CO2
- Lower Carbon Footprint
- Cost effective alternative to fossil fuel derived plastic bags and packaging
- Recyclable in conventional plastics recycling streams (check with your council for availability of this service)
Cardia Bioplastics products include environmentally friendly dog waste bags, bin liners, shopping bags, lunch bags, garden bags and packaging, so let the families of your school community know.