During the week of September 11, PPPS participated in EnviroWeek. We had lots of activities in place to ensure that we were supporting the event.
We participated in the following activities:
- A daily radio station – where our radio hosts gave us facts and ways to save water over the loud speaker.
- A writing competition – where each year level had a writing prompt to respond to, with an overall year level winner announced at assembly.
- A year 1, 2 and 3 incursion using ‘The Big Book about Water’ – which was very informative and funny.
- We advertised the North East Water competition.
- We created the buckets for underneath the leaking taps and began using the recycled water to water the plants!
By doing all of these projects, we helped our school to become more aware of how important it is to save water.
By the Green Cadet Bloggers Georgia. G, Bridgette. L and Natalie. I, Miss Wallmeyer, Miss Sibio and Miss Chambers