We provide a range of services for tertiary students including specialised tours and programs that cater for specific areas of study and learning.
Each dot represents one activity (which runs for approx 50 mins). You can mix and match activities from two different programs. Click on ‘Download Flyer’ to read more about each activity, or click on the green button for steps on booking your excursion.
Specialised Guided Tours of CERES
CERES Guided Tours are led by trained sustainability educators who can focus on an area of study:
- General Tour – gives an overview of CERES innovative local solutions to energy and water sustainability, food production and distribution and community building. Participants see hands on education in action and encounter successful social enterprises that combine principles of equity and sustainability.
- ESL – A general site tour with an opportunity to practise English language and sustainability-related vocabulary.
- Sustainable Water Use – Focuses on water technology systems on site including rainwater harvest and use, stormwater harvest, treatment and use, grey-water recycling and waste water treatment, photo-voltaic (PV) water pumping, solar hot water and hydronic heating systems.
- Renewable Energy – Focuses on renewable energy technologies at CERES including solar, wind, biogas, Electric Vehicle innovations and other new technologies.
- Environmentally Sustainable Building – Focuses on the principles of sustainable building design incorporated into buildings and structures on the site.
- Ecotourism – Focuses on how the principles of Ecotourism apply to CERES and includes a discussion of how those principles can be applied elsewhere.
- Environmental Education in the Field – Explores the philosophy, diversity and methodology of CERES Education programs.
- Food Based Tours – Explores a range of topics to do with all things food.
- Community Food Systems – Examine the CERES Organic Farm. Look at the various systems which create and support programs that reduce food miles and link diverse groups of people with education and employment opportunities.
- Organic Food Markets – Take a tour of CERES Organic Market. Gain an insight into food miles and why eating local, organic, seasonal produce has major environmental benefits. Learn about ethical food purchasing principles (Wednesdays and Saturdays only).
- Food Based Social Enterprises – Tour the CERES Organic Farm and discover more about our food based social enterprises; where to start, challenges, rewards and financial sustainability
Experiential Learning and Outdoor Teaching
We provide specialised programs that explore environmental education and utilising outdoor teaching spaces.
These programs include:
- Environmental Education in the Field – Guided Tour of CERES.
- A presentation about our teaching pedagogy and our delivery of experiential learning experiences for students of all ages.
- How we use different spaces around the CERES site.