Vocational Training – VET
CERES is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and offers Certificate II in Horticulture and Certificate II in Hospitality as part of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) program. The CERES VET program is set on our organic farm and is specifically designed to provide accredited training to students with mixed ability, social/physical and intellectual impairments and/or socioeconomic disadvantage. Our VET program involves:
- A ‘hands on’ approach that promotes interpersonal relationships and leadership skills.
- A fundamental understanding of sustainable food systems.
- Horticulture students – the full gardening cycle, from planting seed to harvesting crops.
- Hospitality students – kitchen skills whilst preparing freshly harvested produce from our gardens, and then sit together for a shared meal.
Training programs are available for the full school year and are tailored to suit the needs of the individual student and school. Courses are held between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday, with most courses running from 9am until 4pm. Students may be required to complete assessment activities outside of nominated contact hours, to ensure adequate completion of all curriculum activities. This will be negotiated between CERES Training and participating school/organisation support teachers.
For further information on CERES VET programs or to book a program please contact the Program Coordinator:
Contact Our Training Team
(03) 9389 0120 firstname.lastname@example.org