1. Match the family photo with their name, location and how much money they spend on food per week.
2. Find out if you were right by looking at the answer sheet.
Life Cycle of a Computer, Paper or Plastic and Green Bags
Use the cards to put together the Life Cycle of a Computer, Paper or Plastic and Green Bags. See if you can make a circle with the cards
Look at the answer sheet to find out if you were right.
Look at the supporting materials to further investigate each stage of the life cycle.
Waste Break Down
How long does it take for items to break down (rot or biodegrade) in landfill?
1. Look at the cards and place each object under the time you think it takes to biodegrade in landfill (dumps / tips).
2. Look at the answers to see if you guessed right.
1. Search for a range of things that go in the bin at your school or at home. You may need to clean each item to make it suitable for this activity (and watch out for sharp edges on cans etc).
2. Find 2-3 different ways of sorting the objects (including the bag). You can sort them in any way you like.
3. Look at the different CERES Waste Sort Fact Sheets to help inform your choices.
What do you know about worms? Feel free to ask your own questions or use the quiz questions provided by CERES Education.