Kambrya College has established itself as a leading government school in Berwick, which lies in the rapidly growing south east corridor of metropolitan Melbourne. When the College first opened its doors in 2002, it was known as Berwick South Secondary College. It began with a cohort of 97 Year 7 students and 15 staff in that year. By 2007 the College had experienced extraordinary growth, with an enrolment of over 1,550 students and 150 staff members. By 2014, student numbers are more stable and hover between 1050 and 1100. In 2003 the College changed its name to Kambrya College. Like ‘Canberra’, the word ‘Kambrya’ also means ‘meeting place’ in the local indigenous language of the Wurundjeri people . “Maximising the potential of each student” is our living motto.
In Environmental Science class we assessed the biodiversity of our school, Kambrya College. We used the biodiversity quality assessment guidelines, which looked at various aspects including the amount of habitat, […]