Employment and training options in today’s world are changing rapidly. Whether you’ve just left school, your personal circumstances or priorities have changed or you need to re-enter the workforce after a period of time away, it’s hard to know what direction to take. Our learning pathways support can help you decide what might be a good fit for you and how to plot a path to your employment or personal development goal.
At CERES we can help you explore the employment and training options and opportunities in the areas of Sustainability, Horticulture, Permaculture and Environmental Education through:
- Learning Pathways support to explore and identify your goals and the stepping stones to achieve these
- Links to and placement in our Accredited Industry taster course and Full Fee and Subsidised Pre-Accredited industry taster courses (check your eligibility here)
- Opportunities to gain work experience through our volunteer programs
- Workshop and Courses in Sustainability, Horticulture, Permaculture and Environmental Education
Please fill in the Enquiry form below and we will contact you about our learning and careers pathways or contact CERES Adult Learning through email@example.com
Pre-accredited Training – CERES Pathways Courses
CERES is an approved Learn Local Organisation (LLO) registered with the Adult Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board. ACFE funds places on approved pre-accredited courses for those who meet eligibility criteria in Victoria. You can check eligibility for ACFE subsidy.
These short courses run over 8 to 14 sessions and are designed to provide industry tasters and stepping stones into further training and/or employment.
Courses available to eligible students in 2021 through this program are:
- Sustainable Gardening – an introductory course to the basics of sustainable horticulture methods and principles. More information on Horticulture and Permaculture Pathways
- Complete Urban Farmer – this course focuses on a range of components of organic urban food production including permaculture principles, beekeeping. More information on Horticulture and Permaculture Pathways
- Introduction to Therapeutic Horticulture – Learn about the wide variety of techniques and processes where gardens and garden-based activities are used to support the physical, mental and social health of individuals. More information on Therapeutic Horticulture pathways.
- Introduction to Landscaping and Garden Maintenance – Learn the basics of how to design, create and maintain a garden. More information on Horticulture and Permaculture Pathways
- Environmental Education – Provides skills in environmental management, education, behaviour change and communication. More information on Environmental Education pathways.
- Green Roofs, Green Walls – an introduction to the growing industry of rooftop and vertical gardening. More information on Green Roofs and Green Walls pathways.
- Landscape Restoration and Indigenous Ecology – an introduction to conserving ecosystems and creating sustainable urban landscapes. More information on Landscape Restoration and Indigenous Ecology pathways.
- Circular Economy & Zero Waste Systems – explore opportunities in the ‘circular economy’ through innovative sustainable design and practices. More information on Circular Economy and Zero Waste pathways.
Introduction to Horticulture and Permaculture
CERES offers a Certificate II Horticulture and Permaculture Taster program of 3 units for individual adults who are not sure as to whether accredited training is for them, or whether Horticulture is the right pathway or who are simply not able to commit to a full course at this stage. Further information for this program including dates and fees can be downloaded here: Intro to Horticulture and Permaculture Course Information 2021
Next course starting August 2021 – For further information, call 9389 0127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CERES Permaculture Demonstrator Skill Set (AHCSS000048)
This 4 unit Permaculture Demonstrator Skill Set equips learners with the basic knowledge and practice of permaculture principles, how to select and maintain permaculture plant and animal systems, and ultimately how to research, communicate and demonstrate permaculture practices to learners. This skill set was designed to teach you how to understand and teach about permaculture. It is perfect for teachers in schools, community educators, people with passion for permaculture or who want to build their confidence and practice in sharing knowledge with others.
The course gives you a 4 unit credit in Cert III in Permaculture and qualifies you to teach Cert I and II Permaculture levels in combination with a Cert IV Training and Assessment. The course runs over 14 sessions, online and face to face at CERES.
2022 course dates to be advised – For further information, call 9389 0127 or email email@example.com
“This course has opened up a whole future for me and the course of my life. J has pointed me in the right direction. I’m very grateful”. ZR, enrolled in Diploma of Horticulture.
I gained “confidence to further my career path and skill development”. BC, enrolled in Cert III Horticulture.
I gained “new ways of thinking … and I have already gained employment in the field … as a direct results of this course and the contacts I’ve made”. RH, gained work in a Nursery and Community Garden.
I “loved every second” and “gained direction in career, further studies, what I want to do, peace of mind”. AC, Enrolled in Cert III Horticulture.
“Being welcomed into CERES through these programs has felt like a new beginning: not only has it introduced me to a range of career pathways, new friendships and connections, but it most importantly has given me a renewed sense of hope and a sense of belonging, which I’m forever grateful for”. RC, Enrolled in Cert IV Horticulture.
The course “exceeded my expectations” and I gained “knowledge and so many new skills”. “I am thoroughly enjoying my Cert IV Horticulture. The short course at CERES was so helpful in crystallising my interest in horticulture and re-introducing me to study after a break of 3 years”. MK.
I gained “Confidence, life skills, community, inspiration, and networking. It was even better than expected. It was encouraging and gave me confidence after not studying for a while. I learnt skills that I can use in everyday life as well as in my career. I’m excited that through the class I now have a network. Thank you for this opportunity to grow and become more confident”. AR, enrolled in Cert III Horticulture.
“I learnt so much and I also found out I knew a lot too!”, I liked “the possibilities presented” “so many options!” “A very positive and affirming course which reiterated and solidified my knowledge and provided so many networking opportunities and new connections”. “Great for the soul and spirit”. SB, gained employment in a school garden and is developing her own gardening services business.