Sustainability Victoria’s ResourceSmart Schools Awards
Thursday, 19 March 2020 at 5:30pm
2020: People and the Planet
The ResourceSmart Schools Awards celebrates Victorian schools’ leadership on sustainability and the active role they play as champions for the environment in their wider communities.
The theme for 2020 is ‘people and the planet’, celebrating how we use our humanity – our knowledge, care and passion – to look after the environment, and how looking after the planet contributes to our wellbeing in return.
We will celebrate the early adopters: the schools taking the lead and embracing innovative ways to make sustainability a meaningful part of everyday life and learning.
Minister for Environment Lily D’Ambrosio today encouraged all schools across the state to enter Victoria’s largest sustainability awards for schools. ““These awards are a great way to recognise the efforts of school communities across the state that are reducing waste and saving money – while sharing these learnings with their local communities.””
The awards ceremony will be held on Friday 5 June 2020.
The categories for 2020 are:
- ResourceSmart School of the Year
- Teacher of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Student Action Team of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Community Leadership School of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Curriculum Leadership School of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Campus Infrastructure and Operations School of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- School Community Volunteer of the Year
Contact the ResourceSmart Schools Awards team if you have any questions or require any support during the entry process via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/schoolsawards for further information.