Shadow Puppets – Virtual Excursion
$165 / 1 hour session
+ booking fee
(maximum group size is 30 students)
Hosted by expert educators, your kids will learn how to create their own shadow puppet; and see a live performance of Wayang Kulit, among the best known puppet-shadow plays, offering a unique combination of lesson and entertainment. The term wayang is the Javanese word for “shadow” or “imagination”. In modern daily Javanese and Indonesian vocabulary, wayang can refer to the puppet itself or the whole puppet theatre performance. Kulit means “skin” or “leather”, the material from which the figures are carved.
Through this virtual excursion your students will:
- learn to create their own shadow puppet
- see a live performance of Wayang Kulit
You’ll receive a school teacher guide, including instructions for optional activities to do before and after your virtual excursion and a Kahoot! Quiz.
This program links to curriculum areas of:
Geography, Languages – Indonesian, The Arts – Drama and Personal and Social Capabilities.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday during the term
11am – 12pm
1:45pm – 2:45pm
- We use Zoom Video Conferencing to deliver virtual learning sessions
- The session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start
- Q & A will be left open for students to communicate with CERES educators during the webinar
- You will be sent a unique URL a week prior to the session to be shared with participating students
- A school teacher guide, including instructions for optional activities to do before and after your webinar
- Tablet or mobile device – download the free Zoom app
- PC, laptop or smartboard – allow the Zoom extension file download request
- For in-school student webinars, we recommend one smartboard and a minimum of 1 device per 3 students
Use the activities in the Teaching Guide below to spark students’ curiosity before the virtual session and add value to your experience with CERES. It’s also designed to deepen students’ learning back at school. A guide to what a Kahoot! quiz is also included.
Foundation to Year 2 Teaching Guide * coming soon
Years 3 to 6 Teaching Guide * coming soon
Years 7 to 10 Teaching Guide * coming soon
Years 11 to 12 Teaching Guide * coming soon
What is a Kahoot quiz?
Watch the following video to understand what CERES is all about and to get you and your students excited about your virtual excursion with us!