Each fully autonomous chapter supports awesome projects through micro-grants, usually given out monthly. These micro-grants, $1000 or the local equivalent, come out of pockets of the chapter’s “trustees” and are given on a no-strings-attached basis to people and groups working on awesome projects.
The Funders love:
- Innovative, exciting and unusual ideas.
- Ideas that other foundations won’t, so weird is great!
- Applications that clearly explain where the money will be spent. (Hint: “marketing” or “website” isn’t specific enough.)
- Ideas filled with passion.
- Projects where the grant will be a catalyst to kickstart something truly awesome.
- People who are so dedicated to doing something awesome that they’ll read all of the bullet points before applying. Please include the word “dinosaur” at the beginning of your application to show us you’re serious.
- Brief pitches. Must fit on 1 A4 page.