Targeting emerging leaders in years 5 and 6, this one-day summit will build student understanding and capacity for action around environmental sustainability issues.
Hosted by Council’s Environment and Sustainable Living Team, this exciting event will be facilitated by COOL Australia.
At the summit students will:
- build on prior knowledge about sustainability issues and concepts
- explore what it means to be a leader
- spend time in teams to plan and develop a sustainability project that is relevant to their school and local and wider community
- share ideas with other students and develop personal and social skills
- leave with the enthusiasm, knowledge and tools to implement their project back at school.
- Where: Chatham Primary School, Surrey Hills
- When: Thursday 15 March OR Friday 16 March, 2018 (to be confirmed)
- Cost: Free
- Ages: Years 5 and 6 students
- Numbers: Participating schools can bring a small student delegate (up to 10 students and two teachers – numbers to be confirmed).
Expressions of interest
Please email our Senior Sustainability Officer indicating:
- Name of school
- Contact person (name, position, email, phone)
- Preferred date: Thursday 15 March OR Friday 16 March, 2018.
Schools will be contacted early in Term 1, 2018 with more information and a short formal application process.
To stay up to date about the summit, sign up to our Teacher Environment Network (TEN) mail list.