What a busy and incredibly inspiring year!!
Some highlights from 2013:
- In 2013 Incursions reached over 9700 students in schools across Victoria, while the Energy Trailer reached a further 6800 people through community events. We also attended some wonderful whole school sustainability days. We hope to continue to inspire and encourage even more students in 2014.
- Piloted in late 2009, our ‘Do More with LESS’ student leadership program received significant funding for development from ‘Ansvar Insurance’. It is anticipated this program will become our flagship program for 2014. These 4hour workshops are truly dynamic, engaging and transformative and can accomodate up to 75 students per workshop. Check them out:
- In partnership with Tomorrow’s Leaders for Sustainability, CERES Incursions delivered a fully subsidised Community Leadership Course (7days over 7weeks) for adult community members – empowering 23 incredible participants to make their community project ideas a reality. We look forward to running this again in 2014.
- http://dev.sustainability.ceres.org.au/program/student/incursions/student-leadership/”>CERES Incursions continues to increase in popularity and is striving to deliver programs in line with current Education for Sustainability (EfS) teaching principles. We are also strengthening our programs by alligning them better with AusVELS. Through this and continued school feedback, our programs just keep getting better and better!
- We have continued to strengthen our partnerships with external education providers. In particular our early learning programs have grown substantially from such an alliance with ‘Learning Happens” and ‘Environmental Education in Early Childhood (EEEC)’. We also continue to run ‘Recycled Craft’ workshops in partnership with ‘Visual Feast Creations’
CERES Incursions are truly becoming the best Sustainability Incursions around Melbourne….. so get in quick for Term 1 (2014) and make a booking: http://dev.sustainability.ceres.org.au/program/student/incursions/booking-information/
May you all have a wonderful Summer break.
(CERES Incursions Manager)