The weather was perfect for our Walk to School Day on Wednesday!
We were very impressed with the amount of people who walked to school. Lots of children and parents
met the teachers to walk together from Puffing Billy Station.
It is great to see so many active children walking to school regularly and who know that it is important
to be healthy and keep fit.
The Walking School Bus is also back! Everyone in Gembrook Primary School’s community is welcome to be part of the Walking School Bus.
Benefits of being on the Walking School Bus:
– It’s great exercise
– Great independence for children
– Develop relationships with peers and parents
– Increase confidence
– Exercising is a great way to start the day and increases ability to focus on their learning
– Rewards (hats, stickers, passport stamps)
– Most of all it’s GREAT FUN!
On the Walking School Bus we wear bright vests. The Walking School Bus starts at Beenack East Road.
Most people join the bus along the way. It’s so fun! :0)”. Amelie
“On the Walking School Bus you can start at Launching Place Rd even if you live near the school oval
like me”. Angus H
“On the Walking School Bus we walk to School!” Ben F